Sunday, March 11, 2012

Drawdrawdrawdrawdrawdrawdraw

I've been on a sketching binge these past couple of days.  I think it came about after browsing Deviantart and noticing how much I suck and need to improve. 
I also came to the realization that I don't have that great of a grasp on drawing faces/emotions without a direct reference.  Changing that RIGHT now. 
So yeah, I've been dong rapid-fire drawings of people.  Some of the sketches don't come out looking very much like the photos I'm referencing, but I've just come to accept that.  A past me would have been too paralyzed by perfectionism to keep cranking out sketches, but that's something I'm slowly breaking. 

So yeah, that's been a small portion of my Spring Break.  I wish I'd spent more of it drawing in retrospect, but it also feels good just to do plain old nothing sometimes. 

Also, the rapid sketches I've been working on are in my current main sketchbook.  I've been meaning to scan those, as well as quite a few other sketches and studies so I can upload them here.  Later, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment